Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What's Cooking Wednesday?

I have no idea. And ironically, I cooked all weekend. Although it was nothing new and nothing I wanted to eat a second time.

Everyone has always told me that my sense of smell would change during pregnancy but I never thought about how that would affect my sense of taste. Well, much to my disappointment, I spent all weekend cooking...Tomato Basil Soup (which is a main staple and one of my main cravings), Southwest Chicken Chili, Greek Pot Pie, Panzanella, even chocolate chip cookies. I haven't wanted any of it. I made each one of them like I always do and they just don't taste right and I don't want to eat any of it again. So now I have a freezer full of leftovers for E to eat.

Things I will eat now:
Gatorade
Water
Orange Juice
Instant Breakfast
Cheese Quesadillas
Apples and Peanut Butter
Animal Crackers
Boiled Eggs
PB&J Sandwiches
Strawberry Popsicles
Raison Nut Bran

Never in my life do I remember being such a picky eater and now I feel like one of those kids that only eats mac and cheese and hot dogs. With that in mind, sadly, I am putting What's Cooking Wednesday on hold for a while. What's the point in cooking if I won't eat it. And how do I know if it's good. E says everything I made this weekend was good, but mine tasted like first class garbage and he ate boat food for 3 years. I guess my food bills are about to get skinnier. Poor E!!

Even though What's Cooking Wednesday is on hold, if you have a recipe you want to share, I will be glad to throw it up here. If you say it's good, that's enough for me.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hopefully for you, your eating habits are only temporary. Then you can carry on after the little one arrives. Until then, good luck finding something you like and can tollerate.