Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No Spend Month


Me and E have been fighting hard to pay off all of our debts for a while now. We started not long after we first got married. We worked hard for a while but just found it really difficult when E was in another country and I was living at home with mom and dad. But now that we own a house and actually live their full time together, we have been working alot harder. And now...there's sweet pea who I want to stay home with during the day.

So Andrea introduced me to this website today that got my wheels turning. Rachel at Small Notebook just finished a "project" called No Spend Month. I was reading her post about what it entails and all of the challenges they have faced during this time. It really inspired me to have a No Spend Month at my house. Go check it out and see if it's something you could talk the people that live with you into. I definately plan on talking to E about maybe having a No Spend September!!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Wow, I don't know that I could do that. Let me know how ya'll do.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just noticed the link and wanted to say hello. The way I was able to convince Doug to do it with me was by describing the money we'd save. It suddenly made it worth it to have to give up eating out a few times. It could be a great jump on debt payoff, and when you work on it together, it's not so bad.