Wednesday, July 30, 2008

10 Weeks and Still Kicking

Well, I have made it this far right? A quarter of the way through the whole pregnancy. The baby seems to be doing fine. And me...well...if I could just keep up with all of the changes my body is making, I would be fine. One week I am exhausted all of the time and could do nothing but sleep all day and night. Now, if I sleep even an hour during the day, I don't sleep at all during the night. So the new trick is to keep me awake until at least 9:00pm which is alot tougher than you might think these days. After 3 of the worst days of my life dealing with the lack of sleep (combined with the fact that I can't take anything to sleep better, I can't take anything for the headache, and I can't have a cup of coffee to keep me awake), I think I can finally handle everything.

It's very bizarre how your body changes too. I still weigh the same as I did before I got pregnant. I haven't gained any weight but looking in the mirror...That is not the same body I had 10 weeks ago!! I am sure it doesn't help that I am not running 3 miles a day anymore. But I can still wear most of my old clothes but I am uncomfortable in them all. So I have already swapped over to few smaller pairs of maternity capris and some elastic skirts.

And food, I don't even want to talk about food. However, I am finally getting my appetite back again. Learning when to stop has been incredibly difficult though. There is such a fine line between almost full and WAY OVER full. That fine line can be only one bite. So eating slower, more often and concentrating more on how I feel during a meal is taking some time. I can only eat something about the size of a deck of cards, maybe slightly bigger, at a time. But since my taste has COMPLETELY changed, there are only a few things that I actually want to eat still.

Only 209 days left!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad you're getting accustomed to it all. Keep us updated!

Amanda said...

Its so exciting! I hope you continue to keep us posted.

If you want to talk with someone else who is over 30 weeks pregnent and IS a runner, check our her blog at www.forthkh.blogspot.com or click on the link in my daily reads. Just in case you have any questions for a fellow runner who is preggers too.