Monday, March 31, 2008

Schlitterbahn

I realize that this post is totally random but consider this a public service announcement.

After spending all day on Saturday and some of the day on Sunday cleaning my house and working in the front yard, I was exhausted. As I look down the street, I notice that several of my neighbors are doing the same: cleaning out thier garages, planting flowers, cutting the grass, cleaning and beautifying their homes and yards. And then there are these neighbors who have cut their grass a total of 3 times since they moved in a year ago (and one of those was me and E cutting their grass for them), have had 2 dogs that they have gotten rid of because after they moved past the puppy stage, they realized that a big dog was a bad idea if you weren't going to train them and you have a toddler, they have a fenced in backyard that they never use (or cut the grass), the sewer line is broken and they haven't done anything about so after a hard rain, our house starts to smell like thier poo, and the house is litterally falling apart (the roof has several ripples in it), and the icing on my cake is that they still have their Christmas lights up! All of those things I look past, I am kind to my neighbors, I have offered to babysit, I take food and treats over there every no then, we talk and we are gracious, and...oh yeah...we took Maggie off of their hands for them. I try to put myself in their shoes with a small toddler and maybe they have alot going on...but this...I am having a hard time looking past THIS!!!














Click on the picture to get the full effect!

Everytime me and E walk by the window and see this, we say something to the effect of "Hmmm...I wonder if Schlitterbahn is closed today?" (For those of you who don't get the joke...a little help...Schlitterbahn is a waterpark with a few locations here in Texas.)

So here is my public service announcement:

For those of you with a fenced in back yard and lots of play stuff for your kids, PUT IT IN YOUR BACKYARD!!!!!!! Your neighbors see this as an eyesore. You might as well put three more cars in the yard, a few rusty broken A/C window units, along with some coolers and a couch and start singing the song to the Jeffersons. And to top off everything, there is already an inflatable pool and lots of pool toys in the backyard. Why not combine them or get rid of one...OR JUST NOT BUY THE SECOND IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE! Oh, and folding chairs are for the backyard or temporary use.

as a side note, if you look closely at the bottom of the picture, you will see the swamp lilys starting to grow back at the site of the sewage leak. BLAHK! It extends the whole length of the front property line. Needless to say, we have planned to either put up some large bushes or a fence between our yards this month. Something sith some height so their sewage water won't contaminate our property.

You're not in the trailer park anymore folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they really are trying to create a Schlitterbahn-like experience for their family and child. Now instead of one measly kiddy pool in their back yard, they have two water adventures to choose from. And you don't have to walk as far from the front yard to the back yard as you might have to walk at the actual Schlitterbahn. And I bet the one in the back yard doesn't have a dolphin or a palm tree. Or a view of the cleaners! Gosh there is just so much going on in that photo!