Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday E!

Well, the time has come for the 32 year old man I am married to, to admit he is 33 now. Yesterday was E's birthday and to celebrate...we took a nap (I know how super lame that sounds but between school and work and Maggie and the house and everything that pulls us in the twelve different directions, we rarely get any down time...I realize that we are old foggies now). Ok Ok...that's not all we did. We had dinner at Outback since he wanted a steak and then he had his choice of a movie to rent. For the most part, we like the same movies with the exception of Kung Fu movies. I asked him what he wanted to do before he turned 34...he just stared at me with a blank face. Maybe it's just me...since I am on a countdown tour of my twenties with only three years left to go. I still have so many things I want to do before I turn thirty and yet, I don't know what any of those things are.














I can't remember who took this picture of us when we were dating about 5 years ago when he came on family vacation with us to the beach. Here's a little irony for you all though, this actually turned out to be to be the exact spot that we got married a year later.

Since he gets his Master's at the end of the fall, I promised him a short vacation of his choice since neither of us did anything big when we graduated college or high school. Automatically my mind started thinking of all of the different places he might want to go: the cruise he has wanted for a few years now, to see friends in Seattle, back to San Francisco to do all of the things we should have done when he lived there, back to Florida, a quiet weekend on the beach, Gatlinburg to hike in the mountains, go home to Huntsville for a visit with family...I was getting pumped. We ate a little bit of our dinner and then I asked him "So have you thought about where you want to go on your graduation trip?" E says "Oh, was I supposed to?" Sigh...I don't know why I try!

Birthday wishes to E, the man who is always one step ahead of me, smarter than me, funnier than me, cuter than me, ...who over-protects me, tolerates me, and spoils me. I hope the next few years of constant harrassment are just as fun and interesting as the the harrassment days behind us. I pray you find health and happiness all year long. Te amo mucho!

No comments: