Monday, March 24, 2008

Military Monday - Ashley in Pascagoula, MS

Ashley just moved to Pascagoula, MS from Florida. Having been a South Florida girl all her life, she is still adjusting to "the South." Here is what she has to say on Military Monday...

"What do I think about being a military spouse?!! I guess that all depends on what mood I’m in that day! Overall I love being a military spouse. The people and the places make all the headaches and heartaches worth it. Not to mention not having to worry about where I’m going to live or if my next employer will offer health insurance! Now if this had been Military Thursdays (as in last Thursday) my attitude about being a military spouse would have been much different! Let’s just say that I do not always understand or agree with some of the decisions that are made and the amount of time my husband is away from home. My blood pressure goes through the roof for a day or so but eventually I cool down and remember that everything happens for a reason.

It will be three years this summer that my husband has been in the Coast Guard and he has been underway more than half of that time. I’ve definitely had my share of lonely days and nights but I am very proud of him and wouldn’t want our life to be any other way!"

No comments: