Friday, February 29, 2008

Pre-Race Day Rituals

Me and my friend, Ashley, have always run races together. Our Friday night ritual before the race day was pretty much set in stone. We would always take her dogs for a long walk and then Ashley would cook a pasta dinner, we would watch a movie then crash early, since we had to get up early.

Well she is not here, :( , but a new chapter in my marriage has started. E has trained a little with me and he is planning on running tomorrow. I am so excited. Last night we did a long, hard jog and then after eating lots of vegetables, we settled in early. We are taking Maggie for a long walk this afternoon and this is the exciting part...I am cooking pasta dinner tonight. I heart pasta and so does E but we try to be good so we rarely ever eat it, but that doesn't mean I don't love to cook it. I love to cook pasta. It's so fun especially because you almost can't go wrong...it's going to taste good no matter what.

So tonight...I am making Rigatoni with Eggplant Puree...a Giada special. All of the pleasure of pasta, without the guilt and after-effect of the cream sauce.


I will let you all know how it goes
...Mmmm.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good luck! Let us know how the race goes.