Friday, February 8, 2008

What is the Obsesssion???
















So I ran across this question this week and it got me thinking...Why are people obsessed with the weather? And if you watch the Weather Channel, why?

Seriously though, think about it!! People will sit on front of the weather channel and continually watch something that may or may not be happening on the other side of the continent.

Me personally, I have a huge respect for the weather. Having lived in south Flordia for 3 years, I had a personal understanding of what the weather can bring and how it will immediately change your plans for the next month or more. Vacations, job situations, flights, weddings, finances, deployments, your kids, your living situation, your state of mind... (I also wanted to be a storm chaser when I was little, something new about me you may not have known)

But every morning, my co-workers will start talking about the weather today, yesterday, this weekend, this afternoon compared to this morning compared to tonight...unless there is a storm headed straight for me, I could care less about the weather.

No comments: