Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What's Cooking Wednesday! - California Sandwiches



















I am always looking for a quick healthy meal. Last year, my friend Ashley in Mississippi was always talking about how she eats tuna. At the time, I had never eaten tuna outside of tuna salad. Boy was I missing alot. She was telling me that she ate it with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. That sounded a little strange to me but I am game for anything once! So I tried it, and it was GOOD!!! So good in fact that I came up with a recipe to use it.














California Sandwiches












I always use the Starkist Hickory Smoked Tuna packages. You can use whatever cranks your tractor though. You can also change up the veggies too if you like other things.

I used to eat this everyday for lunch with a handfull of steamed edemame (soybeans). It will really liven up your energy and spirits for the day. Before I went on my "health" kick, I used to go to lunch with the fellas everyday for lunch. We would get back about 1:00 and I would be fighting to stay awake around 1:45. I just got tired of feeling tired.

Eating these sandwiches everyday was like drinking a red bull for lunch (without the irritating rapid heart beat change). And so tasty...

No comments: