Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Shabby Chic

So Friday was my last "Friday off" until next summer (or until the baby comes) so I treated myself to some discount furniture shopping. My mother and grandmother would be proud!!!

I hit this crappy furniture place I have been wanting to visit for months and was finally able to catch them on a day they were open. It was JAM PACKED full of furniture, so much so, that you could only get through one or two of the aisles.

But I did find these 2 pieces that I am looking forward to refinishing and putting in the house.


The first one is a round coffee table. I have had my eye out for one of these for a while. And this one will suffice. It is 100% oak and I plan on sanding it down and staining it a dark walnut color.

This one is a little iron ottoman that I found in the corner. The iron work needs a fresh coat of paint and I will definately be exchanging the ratly old upholstery for something a little more fresh and modern.
**Please pardon the crappy pictures from my garage.

2 comments:

Erika said...

by any chance, was is the tattered suitcase you visited? if it wasn't you need to go there...i love that place!

Amanda said...

I think you have your mom's eye for things to re-do (like you mentioned in the previous post). That is great how you can look at a piece of furniture and know that you can make it over and make it 100% better.