Monday, August 25, 2008

Chicken Empanadas and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well, feeling a surge of energy this weekend, Thank God!!, I decided to make a go at cooking for a few days. I made some Hawaian Salmon, Grilled Shrimp, a German Apple Pancakes, and Chicken Empanadas. The empanadas was great. I don't think I will use pie crust for the dough again...just a personal preference because I really don't like pie crust...I had some filling left over so I thawed a puff pastry last night and will try making the recipe with that dough tonight. I have scoured the internet this morning looking for the site I got this recipe from with no luck. But as soon as I find it, I will pass it on. And I will let you know how the puff pastry goes tonight.


However, one night E was upset because I didn't buy any cookies at the store. I remembered that I had a bag of chocolate chips in the pantry so I pulled them out to see if I had all of the ingrediants to make the recipe on tha back. Turns out I did and I also found a favorite new chocolate chip cookie recipe. Normally, we would have bought the premade ones and threw them on a pan...but no more...these were awesome. You must try...if you already haven't. If you are at the store, grab a bag of Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips and the recipe is on the back. Or you can check the recipe here on their website.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yummmm.... those look delicious!