Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Eekkkk! It's Getting a Little Too Close!!

My stomach has started churning with every weather update throughout the day. Every time I look, the cone of hurricane uncertainty seems to be broadening closer to my house...and I am supposed to go out of town for a girl's weekend/10K race (don't worry, I am not actually running it, just walking it slowly with a full Camelbak)!! So I am really nervous! The university and the military are already starting to make plans so that means that I have to start making plans too. I just think it's too early still. Seriously, it's not supposed to hit until Monday. Oh well, I guess time will tell. It's much scarier now that I actually own a house. The last few we have been through, it was no big deal because we rented the house and all of our other stuff was covered through renter's insurance. I guess it's time to grow up!! Hello Gustav! (yeah, about 5 of those lines are headed my direction!) If you want to see where I watch (intently) the weather, go to www.kwtacts.com. It's a website we used for work when I lived in Key West.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! You've had a your share of storms heading your way this year! I hope everything will be ok for you, everything in the house and your family!

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I didn't realize. Thanks for the heads up.

Ashley said...

I heard this morning they were still unsure but thought most likely it will be hitting Louisiana. Bad news for them but maybe that means you won't get a direct hit - but I'm sure lots of wind and rain either way.

Anonymous said...

Well since the storm looks like it may be coming your way, you may need to come visit the family you NEVER see? What do you think?

Brooke said...

Blake, you just want me to come home so you can find out what you are going to look like pregnant!!