Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Trails

My neighbors told me about a new public trail that the Parks and Recreation Department built on the other side of town. She said it was about 3.5 miles and that it was a hike and bike trail. If you know me...you know my mind is working. I suddenly got really excited about going hiking. I put on my new hiking shorts, loaded up my CamelBak with water, granola bars, my ipod, the camera and some snacks for Magpie. I threw her in the car and headed towards the park. As I pulled in the parking lots, my spirits bottomed out when I actually saw the "Hiking" trail!! PATHETIC!! It's basically a running sidewalk.



Since we were already there, I took Maggie around the loop and enjoyed the landscape. (If you look close enough, you can see the refinery on the other side of the trail)



1 comment:

Amanda said...

It still looks nice & peaceful, even though your hopes were crushed. Hopefully soon it will become better, don't give up on it yet!