Thursday, May 15, 2008

(Belated) What's Cooking Wednesday - Spring Panzanella

Sorry this is late!!I keep forgetting to bring the pictures with me! However, I have a new favorite right now and it is SPRING PANZANELLA from Smitten Kitchen's blog!!! (check out her site...she has WAY better picture than me!)

I honestly jumped at this recipe because it was pretty and because I had never cooked with leeks before and wanted something to try with. The leeks were ...ok. I don't know if I will use them again but I at least I tried them.

The vegetables that the recipe called for were asparagus, leeks and white beans. Since I don't like white beans, I substituted for shelled edemame. I also added alot more veggies (sautee'd green beans, quartered artichokes and mushrooms, and white corn kernels), extra parmesan cheese, and a double helping of the dressing since I added so many more vegetables.

This is my new favorite! The test will be if my husband will eat and like it. Since there's no meat in it, he will think I am trying to turn him into a vegetarian. I guess I will have to serve it as a side dish next to some fish or grilled chicken. But since he has been gone all week, I have been eating this for dinner!!

No comments: