Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We are Having a Girl!!


The ultrasound was yesterday and we got the shocking news that we were having a girl!!! I honestly couldn't believe it! I have been thinking it's a boy this whole time so when she said we were going to have a girl...well, I was a little floored. Almost speechless. Even the last ultrasound we had 8 weeks ago said she thought it was going to be a boy. I couldn't believe it! Not that I wanted one sex over the other. We didn't care what we were having but I still wanted to know. E is a little shocked too. He has no idea what to do with a girl. This is going to be an interesting ride!

So we are excited. We started talking about which room would be the baby's and automatically people have been volunteering their bedding and hand-me-down clothes. That's great news to me! Free Stuff! But the one thing we haven't talked about is girl names. We haven't even discussed one...only boy names. I guess it's time to get moving!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you already named your dog maggie. That would be a cute baby name!

Amanda said...

Yeah! A girl! I'm so happy for you too! The shock will ware off soon, don't you worry.

Jeff thinks we are having a boy and is convinsed! He says he only has boys (well, only once!). So, he'll be feeling the same way if we find out we are having a girl. I don't care either way!

Yeah, I'm so excited for you both!

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

Congratulations!

I love blogging, look forward to keeping up with you. Your hubby will figure out the girl thing. Mine was terrified and we ended up with two at once. They are 10 1/2 and both very much Daddy's girls. He's so tough, but talk about his girls getting married and he'll cry in public. It's great!

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

I have a blog, too, but it is set to private temporarily. Email me if you want me to add you.
squeeli2@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Yay! There's nothing better than shopping for those sweet little girls!

Ashley said...

OMG!!!! I am gone for a month and I miss sooo much! A GIRL!!! Yay!