Friday, October 24, 2008

TGIF!

Boy am I glad we have moved on from this week. E and I have both been sick with a cold. He still has a few more long days of it though. I may have 2 or 3 more easy days left. We have both been severely exhausted due to meetings, work, travel, homework and just life in general, so Friday couldn't come soon enough this week.

But lots of exciting things happened this week:
-I found out that I am helping make Thanksgiving dinner (which I am actually excited about)
-E graduates on Monday night
-I finished a book for the first time in a VERY long time
-We settled on a first name for the baby
-An ER visit
-Having dinner with friends we hardly ever see tonight
-I am hosting a Dave Ramsey book giveaway!!
-I found a Pumpkin Butter recipe (per smitten kitchen) that I completely plan on making this weekend!

I know you are reading this thinking to yourself, "That's not exciting!!" Well, it is for me and I will take what I can get!! So what book did I read? Well, I am so very glad that you asked. I saw E.D. Hill on TV on night promoting her new book. The author is a mom of eight kids...YES...you heard me ...eight!! She is a promenant figure on Fox News trying to raise her family and hold a successful career. But the book is called "I'm not your friend, I'm your parent." I know I don't have kids yet but I thought it would hold my interest long enough to read it and I was completely right. I feel much more prepared for parenting this week than I did last week. And if you want to borrow this book from me, feel free to but I definately want it back. I fully intend on rereading this book several times before my kids leave for college. Good read...HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!


I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congratulations E! Now he'll be able to focus on baby a little better!!