Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Night Social

On the second friday night of each month, our Sunday School class has a social and the nursery at church will keep the kids for a few hours. It's great!! Otherwise, it's hard to hang out with anyone in our class since everyone has to find a babysitter. So tonight, me and E are hosting, for the second year in a row, the first social of the year in our home, the soup/chili game night social.

Since I accidentally locked the housekeeper out of my house this week (Opps!) and she won't be back until next week, that left me to clean house. E has been working hard on the laundry room and I really didn't want to break his focus since he was working so diligently. So every night, I have done a little bit to get ready to have people come over. Let's add to this by saying that today is my 12th day of work in a row due to a conference we hosted at our campus last weekend. Sigh! I am ready for the weekend!! I am too pregnant for this these days!


So when I volunteered to host (I know...that was stupid), I immediately started looking for something quick and easy to make. My mind went directly to Creamy Chicken and Corn Soup. I love this soup and since I already had shredded cooked chicken in the freezer, it just made sense. Yes, it's a rehash but sometimes you need to be reminded of the quick and easy meals that are great for cold nights. The only thing I change in the recipe is the use of chicken instead of turkey and I add a drained can of corn to the soup. The end and it takes like 20 minutes! Completely worth it! Go try it this weekend. I hear it's going to be a cold one!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Mmmm, that soup is definitly something yummy to make on these cold days.