Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Make Ahead Main Dish

I always have the hardest time finding main dishes that I actually like.  The choices I seem to find all use ground beef as a staple (sorry if you like ground beef but my pregnant belly DOES NOT like ground beef) or it is super fancy and will take all night to make.  While I typically don't like ground beef recipes, this one I swapped for ground turkey so that both of us could eat it.  

It only took about 30 minutes to make, that's not so bad.  But the best part is that you can make this meal ahead of time, come home from a long day at work and throw it in the oven for an hour while you deal with your life.  E says he wants me to make it again so that's a pretty big deal at our house.  Try it if you dare.



P.S. The recipe made ALOT of noodles so had enough left over to make a few individual macaroni and cheese dishes to throw into the microwave tomorrow.  Just layer noodles, cheese, noodles, cheese and then add a little milk in the bottom.  2 birds...one stone!!

No comments: