Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hashbrown Casserole...OH MY!!!

Hash Brown Casserole...I first saw this on Paula Deen's website and decided to try it. But now...it's nothing like hers. The first time I made this,...ehh...I wasn't so impressed. Yeah, it was good enough to eat for breakfast but I didn't think I would ever make it again. The hashbrown crust was mushy, I didn't like the diced ham, there wasn't enough flavor...and the list goes on. This weekend, I had an epiphany. "I should add sausage and more veggies and make the hash brown crust CRISPY!!!" So Saturday night, I did just that. I thawed out the hashbrowns and cooked them much more than I was supposed to in a 9x13 dish instead of an pie plate. I chopped and seeded 2 tomatoes and 1 onion. I also went ahead and cooked a pound of sausage instead of adding diced ham and WOW! What a difference. I got lots of yummy sounds when I brought this to church Sunday morning. And everything was make ahead too so all I had to do when I got up was add eggs to the chopped veggies and the sausage I had chopped and cooked the night before and pour it over the crust. SO EASY!!

Try this! You will love it!!
(I forgot the pictures this morning...so I will post them later on when I get a hold of them!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Sounds great ... now go get those pictures!!