Monday, December 8, 2008

Reason Number 2

The second reason I haven't been around lately is because I joined the Junior League here in town. I thought it would be a good way to volunteer around the community while meeting lots of new people. Especially, since we move around so much. So this has been my provisional semester and Saturday night was my last night of meetings and/or obligations before I officially become a member.

So this weekend was our Christmas fundraiser called Main Street Market. Santa was there, so was Tracy Byrd (the country singer who lives here in town), along with a beautiful red mercedes benz (that someone won with a raffle ticket) and about 50 vendors with the pretty and nicest stuff in each booth. I went to the Market on Thursday night for a meeting and then stayed to shop and got some cute stuff that I thought I would share with you!

I got this green bag with brown leather accents and a brown monogram the other night and I absolutely love it.

This is a cup I got for the baby. There was so much cute little girl stuff there. But I just have this deep feeling that as soon as I buy lots of "girly" stuff for her, then she will come out a boy. So I am fighting the urge right now but I wanted to monogram everything in sight the other night. So this was the compromise I made with myself. She won't be able to use it for a little while but it was still cute and something I could use in the future!


If you missed the market this year, I highly suggest going next year. It's a big deal!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute buys!

Ashley said...

Wow! Look at you! Jr. League is a lot of work! In Huntsville there is a LOT of volunteering and you have to raise a certain amount of money. A lot of pressure. To much for me! That is great that you can handle that with everything else you have on your plate right now! Hopefully it will slow down once you are an official member.

Brooke said...

Yeah, if that were the case, I wouldn't be involved either!! Luckily it's mostly going to meetings and helping to plan an event to raise money for a project of our choice.

Wow! I didn't realize Huntsville's was that scrict!!