Monday, December 8, 2008

Bailey Christmas Traditions

E and I talked the other night and he explained to me that he was really feeling blue this Christmas. He felt like we were both too busy with work and our lives to appreciate the season and all of the reasons behind it.


Well, I come home from work early on Sunday night (yes, I know, I did have to work this weekend) and made a big pot of wassail and hung ribbon on the tree. E came in, we checked out schedules and decided we had enough time to fit in our annual Christmas tradition of drinking wassail (or Egg nog), decorating the tree and watching The Elf. I love that movie!! If you haven't seen it, you are a fool for missing out on this awesome movie for so many years!!!



E put out the family nativity scene (which is a little cluttered for my taste but every year he insists that all of the camels and sheep have to be there...but hey, they will only be up for 3 more weeks anyway)



I was finally able to come up with a solution to our stocking problem. You see, last year, the stocking were so low that Maggie kept pulling them down. I thought about NOT putting them up this year and then regretted my decision and needed a solution. So I found one...they are hanging on the wall now behind the Christmas tree.



And I was super excited about finding our new Christmas ornament that I thought I lost. Our friend Justin went back to Key West a few weeks back and got me and E a Christmas ornament which has been something I have wanted to do in the future...have a special themed ornament from everywhere we lived and I had forgotten to get one from Key West.


So now, I present the famous (Ha) Bailey Christmas tree.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Great tree! We have decorating drama in our house between myself and my unfavorite SIL that lives with us. So, its always nice to see how other people celebrate the season!