Monday, April 20, 2009

New Beginnings

In an attempt to loose a few pounds and build our strength up, me and E decided to join the P90X community.  We bought the videos, the pull up bars, the weights, protein powder and protein bars (for E), resistance bands and yoga mats.  We started the program last week and only made it to day 3 of the program.  E couldn't move and I could barely get out of bed.  So we decided that maybe we needed to work last week and get to a point where we were ready to start EXTREME workout (because I haven't worked out in several months...so I don't think that an EXTREME workout first time out of the hatch is good for me).  


But we started working on our diet.  No crappy soda drinks, cut back on carbs, sugar and fats and focus on more veggies and protein for a few weeks and then add in more fruits and grains.  So this was one of my dinner solutions (Per Ellie Krieger of Food Network), Tilapia and Veggie Packets. (and yes, there is a fish fillet under all of those veggies)


6 comments:

Tara said...

Is p90x that bad? I'm starting it in May...and I'm scared.

Brooke said...

Tara,
It's not for the weak at heart if that helps...I couldn't do it last week so I walked and jogged alot to get my stamina up and then when I did watch the video, the first week I just tried everything at least once. But I just got finished starting anew this morning and it was much better this week than it was last week. Just do a little prep work because the X in P90X stands for extreme. Don't be scared...just get ready! I shed a few pounds last week just getting ready.

Thanks for stopping in...Your easter pics are super cute and congrats on your half marathon...one the milestone I hope to accomplish. Man, less than a year after having a baby?? You rock!

Ashley said...

I want to do this. I've heard so much about it. It seems to work really well for everyone who can stick with it. That fish - or rather, the vegetables - looks yummy!!

Brooke said...

We have a friend who has already lost 30 pounds doing p90x and he plays tennis at least 3-4 times a week. I just finished day 1 so I will update my progress later on...

And yes...the fish was awesome. It is definitely going on my weekly menu!

Tara said...

Thanks for the encouragment! I am hoping to tone those post pregnancy ab muscles. Training for the half marathon helped shed some pounds but still need to tone. Trust me you can do it too! It's just so hard to find the time. I didn't start really exercising again until my daughter was 6 or 7 months. And then I would go at night after she went to bed. Anyway, good luck and keep us posted! BTW, Rachel is adorable!

Amanda said...

Good luck! I wish you both all the best for reaching your goals.