Thursday, June 4, 2009

Still Hanging in Sweet Home Alabama

Yes, we are still here...waiting for my sister to have her baby already.  We went to visit with my grandparents last week and this week we are back at home with my parents.  We are hopeful my sister, Blake's, new addition will be here in the next few days. E is anxious to have us back home and I am a little anxious to get back home.  In the meantime, we are doing lots of visiting, shopping, traveling, spending quality time with the people we love.  Me and my mom have also been making clothes for the baby and, well, for us too...we like to look pretty too!  The baby dresses are almost done and I will post them in the next few days.  But in the meantime, here are a few pictures from this week. 

E, Nanny, Magpie and Rach enjoying the company of family at the beach over the weekend.

My sweet girl...she looks so old in this picture.  But she posed for us Sunday after church.  She completely pooped through her clothes in a massive way during church.  However, the nursery workers were incredibly kind and hand washed her clothes and had them dry and the baby redressed before we came back to get her after the service was over.  Amazing.  Boy were we grateful.

My cousin-in-law (? is that a word?) held baby and rocked her to sleep after dinner.

A large majority of the family gathered for my cousin Kimberly's birthday this weekend.  Which has also turned into a farewell dinner since she just found out she is moving north (close to us!!!  YAY!) for a new job.  

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I agree, Rachel looks so grown up in the chair sitting up all by herself.

Ashley said...

She is gorgeous, Brooke! I bet E is missing you both. Good news that you'll have some family close by!