Monday, August 30, 2010

Newest Bailey Diet Fad

E is killing me. As if I don't have anything else to do, he wants to start a new type of diet. The Blood Type Diet. I found the book at a yard sale for a quarter and that's been the most expensive investment that I made in a long time. Now I have to practically throw out everything in my pantry stash (and I have a BIG pantry stash) because "It's bad for my blood type." Shoot me!!
Turns out, every thing that I am not allowed to eat, is beneficial for him to eat and vice versa. So cooking for this diet has been tricky (especially since I am pregnant and we have a little one to feed as well). But never in my life have I ever cooked with the most organic and strangest ingredients ever. (Now you know why I haven't started up What's Cooking Wednesday again...cause no one wants to eat xwhat I have been cooking lately....except E.) Spelt Flour?? Soy Powder?? Rice Milk?? Gluten-Free?? My first try with gluten-free bread (already mixed in a bag) actually turned out well for me and Rach (E can't have wheat or diary products). So we pulled out my neglected bread machine and gave her a test drive. It wasn't bad at all and now I have breakfast for the rest of the week for us girls.

However inconvenient and uncomfortable this change has been, I have to say that we both feel better and we both have lost a few pounds too. While I think a revert back to our normal eating is in our future since we have all come down with sinus infections (frozen lasagnas I made 2 weeks ago), things could always be worse.

However, we have finally turned a corner and have found a few things that will work for us all. I will let you know if I find any good recipes to share.

No comments: