Friday, August 13, 2010

L is for Luke

The new nursery wasn't quite the challenge I was expecting. I am a girl and somewhat of a girlie girl at that, so decorating for a boy was something I didn't think I was ready for. But using the stuff I already had, we were able to do the whole room and only had to buy 2 blue storage bins and a blue changing cover. It still needs a few things (like some shells for the glass vases and brown houndstooth fabric for the headboard) but I still have 2 more months to shop for the rest. And, by the way, if you didn't catch the title, L is for Luke.

We kinda went for a seaside theme after I picked a whale for the art above the crib. But I really love the newspaper cutouts of the crab and the fish. One more storage bin of baby stuff (shown on the other side of the bed) to go through and the everything will be sorted. I just wish I was allowed to paint the walls.


2 comments:

Denise :) said...

I like the newspaper cutouts of the crab and fish too -- really cool! The room looks nice. Luke will be a happy baby!! :)

Amanda said...

What a cute little room for baby Luke!