Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's Been a While Old Friend

While I realize it's been quite a while since I have posted, we have been super busy. One long trip home for a vacation and a wedding and our lives got thrown into a crazy tailspin that carried over into our homecoming and has finally subsided for the present time. Quick catch up...

Rach is HUGE!! She loves books and can't get enough of them. She "reads" out loud all day long. I have no idea what she is saying but she is very passionate regardless. Lots of mornings at the playground, afternoons in the baby pool and slide on the backporch, and evenings falling asleep in her new big girl bed keep her exhausted. Speaking of her new big girl bed, my mom came up and spent a week with us and helped us put our house together since we are planning to settle in for a while. This included making a new big girl room for Rach and turning her old room into a "BOY'S" nursery. Pictures of the nursery later on...I don't want this post to be too long.


Me and E did some refurnishing ourselves with new bookshelves in the dining room (it's needs some decorating but their up and thats what's important to me), a huge garage cleanout, new upholstery on our ottoman (that had been attacked by an orange sharpie...Thanks Rach), setting up a makeshift office for E in our spacious laundry room, a new storage bin for toys, and a new dresser and mirror.

More pictures and updates to come...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Rach's room is too cute!!

Tara said...

So glad to see a new post! I've missed ya! Cute big girl room! I'm also in the process of decorating a big girl room - kinda sad and exciting at the same time! How long till baby boy arrives?

Elizabeth said...

Hooorayyy!! I missed you so much :)

Brooke said...

Thanks guys! Tara, Luke will be here in 2 short months. Elizabeth, I missed you too!