Friday, February 12, 2010

For the Fashionably Challenged...Like Myself!

If you are anything like me, I have a tendency to get sucked into that whole "wearing yoga pants and a sweatshirt everyday" mentality. It's just so comfortable and so warm. When I first moved into the city and first started out as a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom), I wore gym shorts and a tank top everyday everywhere...cause I was going to to gym later so why waste time changing clothes??

But I have decided not to be that girl anymore. If I want to leave the house, I have chosen to be a little more fashion conscious. And since I always feel so unsure about making fashion choices, I had to turn to an expert. I started reading the blog, Ain't No Mom Jeans, and got virtually SPANKED for not caring enough about myself and my family to put on real clothes.













Since I am broke, I had to get super creative. My solution? 1 pair of Skinny jeans and 3 pairs of leggings, and a visit to Marshalls and Ross that reaped 7 long winter shirts for under 70 bucks. However, what do I wear on my feet? Boots, ballet flats...that's all I could come up with!! So I sent her my question about footwear, leggings and skinny jeans and she answered my question yesterday. Go check her out!!

1 comment:

The Franklin's said...

I have been so aprehensive about this whole "skiny jean" craze! I am a small person, but I have really muscular thighs and short legs. My super fashionable best friend finally convinced me to get a pair and I am pleasantly surprised! However, you you are in any way vertically challenged, I think skinny jeans must be worn with heels to keep that elongated look!
Good for you for stepping out of that "I am a SAHM now, so I dont need to dress up" trap!