Thursday, January 7, 2010

Triple Threat


I totally triple booked myself today and I am regretting every last second of it. First, I offered to babysit for about 4 hours for my neighbor. Then, I offered to take dinner to our other neighbors who just had a brand new baby girl. Then, I offered to host dinner for E and all of this co-workers. What a long day! Somehow, everything turned out ok, except for the fact that Rachel had CRAZY HAIR and only a diaper on when guests arrived for dinner.

So, since I took a quick quiche over to my neighbors last night, I have decided to share my/Paula Deen's recipe with you for an awesome Bacon Spinach Quiche that is my new GO-TO for when I have to take dinner to someone. I always struggle with what to take them so that I don't have to give my good dishes away (and hope they come back some day). Normally, I opt for Chicken Chili or Jumbalaya (something I can put in gladware) but if I can make a quiche, I can throw it in a pie crust from the freezer section of the grocery store and give it away guilt-free.


Here's the best part...Frozen pie crusts come in a 2-pack and it's just as easy to make 2 quiches as it is to make 1 quiche. Can we all say "LEFTOVERS!!!" (I love leftovers almost as much as I love coffee). So to sum up, I love coffee, Rachel has crazy hair and this quiche AWESOME!.

Bacon Spinach Quiche
6 large eggs, beaten
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese (Swiss works great too, or whatever you have)
1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then VERY SLOWLY pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oooh, I think my mom has made this before. So good!

Tara said...

I made this quiche last night and loved it! YUM!!!! Thanks!