Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mommy Blog

Sorry, today is a mommy blog! What do you do about shoes? Everything I have read says not to put shoes on babies until it's absolutely necessary due to walking or weather. Well, we have hit that weather mark and we need some winter shoes. Really, all I wanted were some warm walking socks but I couldn't find anything like that anywhere. So I started looking for some warm booties. Do you know how much those cost? I just couldn't bring myself to spend 40-50 dollars for a pair of booties that probably wouldn't last the winter.
Just by chance, Cool Mom Picks, another mommy blog I read, had exactly what I was looking for on the exact day I was starting to give up. Check out these super cute walking socks from Beba Bean. Evidently, due to the post on Cool Mom Picks, they sold out of alot of stuff pretty fast. But I was able to secure a pair of these Cape Cod socks in pink for Rach for the next few months. I am so excited about these!! And they were less than $20.

4 comments:

squeeli2 said...

There are some really cute knitted socks and "boots" on etsy. I would think they would be really warm and more like wearing a sock than a shoe. Some were great prices too.

Brooke said...

Good call. Why didn't I think of that! I found some really cute stuff! Now I am torn...and broke!!

Tara said...

I found some cute slipper type footies that have grip at Target and One Step Ahead. They actually stay on Ava's feet while she cruises around the house.

Amanda said...

Those are so cute and a great idea! Drew has the Robeez but his ankle are a little pudgy and the elastic on the shoe makes them very tight. So, it always nice to see other options out there!!