Friday, October 23, 2009

An Instant Creative Streak

I saw a few blogs yesterday with some of the cutest ideas that I got excited about trying. The first one I saw on Homemade by Jill. She has a son a little older than Rachel so I always like the ideas she has for kids toys. Yesterday was no exception. She has the cutest felt playhouse that she made to go over her dining room table that you have to go see. My mom got a little worked up about it so now Rachel (and her new cousin Brodie) are getting one for Christmas.


The second I saw on Cool Mom Picks and had to try. Little did I know it would turn into a sewing familiarity exercise. I spent more time trying to figure out how the parts I took out of my sewing machine (when some thread got stuck) actually went back in. After (literally) 30 minutes of frustration with one particular part, I realized that I was putting it in backwards. DUH!!! I digress ... So they had the cutest stuffed owls and I thought to myself "I could do that!!!" I dug through the baby clothes and t-shirts in my garage sale pile and was able to put together a plan. I finally finished it this morning and I can't wait to show you. It's so amatuer but it's so huge for me. Who knows...maybe I just might get the hang of this afterall.

What I started with..
My friend Ashley, has a little girl, and I am told that she loves little pockets and compartments to hide things in so I ripped the pockets off of one of Rachel's old dresses to put on the owl.
TADA!!!
I am so proud...if you leave me a comment critiquing my sewing flaws, I will have to hunt you down for bringing me off of my creativity high! :)

No comments: