Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Caught a New Bug


I constantly see all of these blogs where these women make all of this wonderful stuff with their sewing machines. I have one, but have purposefully neglected to learn how to use it on my own. Alot of that neglect was due to funding. I would much rather spend my money on something else other than a hobby.

Well, boredom hit Sunday night. E had suggested that I make Rach a few pillowcases for the little satin pillow she sleeps with. I thought about it and realized that I had alot of scraps...possibly enough to make a few pillow cases...thus, free project! So this is what I made at 10:30 pm Sunday night with stuff I had on hand. I am so proud. I called my mom...I sent her so many picture messages...it was a big deal to me!

The pillowcase was made with scraps of Amy Butler fabric that I had left over from some burp clothes we had made. She has amazing fabric and if you haven't seen any of her fabric, you are really missing out.

2 comments:

squeeli2 said...

Great job! I love Amy Butler and Michael Miller. Hobby Lobby often has some really cute, inexpensive fabric. If you can make a pillowcase, you can make a pillowcase dress. I have tons of links for tutorials saved. If you are interested, send me a msg on FB and I'll send you some links.

Amanda said...

I love them, they are so cute!

As for a car seat-
I don't like the big boy car seat that we have. It dosen't recline that well since he has to face backwards until 1 yrs old and when he falls asleep, his head dangles. So, we too will be looking at another car seat this weekend. We'll keep the Eddie Bauer 3-n-1 for when he's older for Jeff's car, but I need one for my car since Drew is in there more. I've been checking out all kinds that recline better, but haven't made a decision yet. Good luck to you this weekend!! Keep me posted :)