Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday - Tomato Stroganoff

Sorry for the delay. I was determined to finish my housework yesterday to the detriment of my blogging. So this week we made Tomato Stroganoff. This is my Mother-in-law's recipe but I put my own twist on it because she makes her's on special occasions when she has the time to spend on the meal. I never have the time these days even on a special occasion so I altered the recipe to fit my schedule.

Tomato-Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. Ground beef

1 12 oz. package egg noodles

1 T. salt

1 t. pepper

2 T. Worcestershire

3/4 cup sour cream

1 can diced tomatoes

1 onion, chopped

1 T. olive oil

4 5.5 oz small cans of tomato juice

1 T. celery salt

2/3 cups sliced mushrooms

1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (optional)


Cook olive oil, beef and onion. Drain. Dump egg noodles on top of beef mixture. Pour tomato juice on top. Cover and boil for 5 minutes until noodles begin to soften.

Add salt, celery salt, pepper and Worcestershire. Stir. Add diced tomatoes, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cover and simmer until noodles are the right consistency and mushrooms are tender.

Stir in the sour cream. Heat to boiling. Serve.

No comments: