Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Real American Hero

Have I mentioned my husband's obsession with his GI Joe's???

I didn't realize how bad it was until we got moved in and he found all 3 of the big rubbermaid tubs full of men and vehicles and gear. His brother, C, rode up north with us to help us drive, move furniture and help us with the baby and dog for a few days. Together, they set up Fort Bailey in our garage until late into the evening. They can still tell you all of the names of all of the characters 25 years later.

A thought occurred to me while I was watching them...GI Joes prepared my husband and brother-in-law to be the men that they are today. GI Joe's are about being heroic, brave, patriotic and strategic. So, what did Barbie's do for me?




3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is too cute! I'm sure they can't wait for the movie to come out in a coupe of weeks!!

Chris said...

Yes I can and that is so sad

Graber Gabber said...

Nothing wrong with growing up with GIJoes...but I did notice in the bins that he had a few Transformers mixed in. Tell E that I recommend a no holds barred GIJoe vs. Transformers throwdown in the garage. Miss you guys.